Systems Administrator - Principal
- Augusta, GA
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place.
We're ready for any challenge - are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The position is an excellent opportunity for a junior system administrator to improve their skill set while supporting a growing program.
The duties of the role include but are not limited to:
• Serves as an escalation point for Service Desk.
• Serve as technical representative for Internal and External Coordination of the day-to-day operations.
• Advises management on situations that may require additional support or escalation.
• Monitors and remediates any system health concerns of systems within the production environment.
• Supports maintenance and updates of configuration or recovery documentation for designated systems
• Supports improvement of performance and availability standards of the technical solutions through continual service improvement.
• Supports compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements.
• Ensure problems, error conditions, and system events are promptly and appropriately addressed.
• Receives On the Job training, as needed.
After hours on-call support may be required
Required Skills and Education
2+ years of technical experience in the following areas:
• Server administration/maintenance.
• Day-to-Day sustainment of a classified environment.
• System administration of Microsoft based solution.
• Experience with Virtualization or Cloud technologies (VmWare ESXi, Hyper-V, Azure, etc) including; back-end infrastructure.
• Candidate must be an effective communicator with a team focused and collaborative attitude.
Preferred Skills and Education
• Possess one of the following certifications: MCITP; MCSA; MCSE; MCSA; MCTS.
• Experience supporting or maintaining:
- Dell Networking Appliances, Nutanix (AHV), SCMM (2016 preferred)
- Microsoft Server (2016 R2 preferred)
- Microsoft DHCP/DNS Server
- Active Directory
- SQL Database
- PowerShell Scripting
• DOD 8570 certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top