Systems Administrator III for Servers
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Looking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world. We have more than 80 locations across the U.S. and in Afghanistan, Djibouti, Germany, Japan, Korea, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are seeking to hire a Server Systems Administrator. The ideal candidate shall have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have eight (8) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. IAT Level II Certification required.
The individual can have additional five (5) years of full time computer science work that can be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree, and have eight (8) years of demonstrable experience in the system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
The experience shall include
- Installation, configuration, and networking of Linux and/or Windows based platforms.
- Servers running Red Hat, CentOS, SolarisX64, SuSe, with direct attached and FC SAN storage
- Server and Blade systems and associated interconnects (SAD, FC, TCP/IP, etc.), firmware management, configuration management and advance hardware troubleshooting
- Individual shall have a fundamental understanding of operating systems and be familiar with both Linux and Windows advanced commands and utilities at the enterprise server level.
- Experience shall include the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages.
- Individual shall be able to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Individual shall be able to provide tier 2/3 enterprise-level support for services such as DNS, NFS, E-mail services (Microsoft Exchange, Sendmail), security protection mechanisms (ACLs, Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux), and the interoperability of Linux and Windows based systems.
- Individual shall be able to develop and implement enterprise patch management strategies (ePO, WSUS, YUM Repositories)
- Manage and troubleshoot scripts, Kickstart servers and configuration files
- Accepted professional certifications include:
- Linux+ or higher
- COMPTIA Sec+
In addition to the above qualifications, SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR III FOR SERVERS must have the following qualifications required by the relevant TTO: Installation, configuration, tuning, and support of:
• Servers running Sparc Solaris, SolarisX64, red Hat, and SuSe, with direct attached and FC SAN storage
• Client server technology utilizing NFS and CIFS
• Large memory SMP systems with many cores
• Enterprise client server configurations
• Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, and CXFS
• Fielded systems
• Blade systems and associated interconnects (SAD, FC, TCP/IP, etc.)
• Red Hat and Microsoft Windows Operating System
• Microsoft Exchange
• Infrastructure support services such as DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Centrify, Zenoss, SiteScope, HP Openview, HPSA, HPSE, Splunk, Sendmail, Exchange, NetQoS, Infoblox
• Thin client solutions based on Virtual bridges and Centrix
• NoMachine NX
• Virtualizing products; VMWare and Solaris containers
• Accepted professional certifications include:
o Possess a valid RHCSA or higher Red Hat certification
o Valid VMWare certification
*IAT Level II Certification Required
TS SCI level clearance with appropriate poly required.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top