Systems Administrator II
- Colorado Springs, CO
BAE Systems, Inc is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Innovation and Prototyping Directorate, Prototype Operations Division (SMC/DCIO) through the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. BAE Systems is teamed with SMC to modernize satellite ground systems for United States Space Force (USSF) operations, research & development, and demonstration missions and the Enterprise Ground Services (EGS) project.
- Manage the organization's server, desktop, and mobile equipment communication networks.
- Ensure that space mission and data storage networks function properly.
- Ensure that operator workstations are functioning efficiently and stay connected to the central network.
- Assist network architects, cybersecurity engineers, and systems engineers in designing and analyzing network models to manage current and future operational requirements for mission-critical IT systems.
- Perform complex software installations, and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages and services.
- Continually monitor multiple systems to ensure optimal performance levels.
- This position may require after-hours or compensated on-call support, based on real-world mission requirements.
Required Skills and Education
- Active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain/maintain Top Secret/SCI.
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years of systems administration/network administration experience. Additional years and depth of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience and certification with Windows Server and Linux operating systems servers.
- Security+ ce certification (DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant) and ability to maintain all required DoD 8570 certifications.
- Software/mission IT systems formal testing/test tools experience
- Windows and Linux system administration
- Strong background in Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top