1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. 7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: – Senior technical expert for MS applications design, development and management. – Accountable for all aspects of MS Windows requirements and manages the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to MS Windows – Responsible for providing support to Windows Operating Systems and Servers (e.g. Windows 7, Windows Server 2008R2, AD, DNS, Exchange, etc.) or designated replacements for the operating systems or software. – Responsible for building and maintaining server and workstation baseline images for multiple security enclaves, travel, stand-alone networks and single purpose devices (i.e. Virus Scanners and Data Transfers). – Responsible for building and maintaining software sanctuary and deployment packages using SCCM. Senior technical expert for all VMWare systems/servers on all networks. – Responsible for server virtualization administration and maintenance for virtual environments. – Provides problem resolution for the supported infrastructure in sanctuary, deployment or exercises. – Provides design and implementation for all aspects of the virtualization infrastructure development life cycle. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelors Degree in Computer Science Required Skills and Education Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. IAT Level II certification required, MCSA 2015 Admin (411) recommended
5-8 years of directly
related experience in systems administration and analysis
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top