Responsible for supporting the United States Coast Guard Active Directory consolidation effort, by assisting in the migration of a number of various Active Directory domains into a single Enterprise Active Directory domain. The Active Directory engineer should have subject matter expertise in the following domains: Enterprise Directory Service, Active Directory (AD), Identity Management, Active Directory Migrations.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Must be able to support the AD consolidation project, which consists of migrating multiple child domains and disparate AD forests into the Enterprise Active Directory Forest.
- Experience in Installing, configuring, and maintaining Active Directory and third party migration products for the duration of the project.
- Experience with Design, management, and support of all aspects of the Active Directory (AD) environment ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of authentication, authorization and LDAP related services to the enterprise’s internal as well external customers.
- Experience in creating and maintaining Group Policy Objects and scope within the government infrastructure.
- Ability to coordinate and execute domain controller removal at designated sites approved by the government.
- Experience in working with various vendors to integrate COTS and third applications to support directory services integration via AD authentication protocols (Kerberos, SAML, OAUTH, LDAP, etc.)
- Experience in deploying and managing enterprise ADFS environment.
- Experience in working with government personnel and procedures.
- Experience in performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all active directory components, resources and key processes. Reviewing system and directory services logs.
- Ability to work with other engineers and be responsible for the overall direction of the current and future state of Active Directory, LDAP/Authentication systems, access solutions, and infrastructure.
- Must possess good communications and writing skills, be organized, have ability to define and socialize new processes, able to effect change in a dynamic environment, comfortable working at many org levels, & must be team-oriented and performance- oriented.
- Must be able to develop and implement risk and opportunity management plans, identifies risks, assesses risks, develops mitigation plans, and tracks risks.
- Ability to identify program objectives and technical development strategy; prepares System Engineering Management Plan, Work Breakdown Structures, master schedules, and key performance parameters.
- Ability to collects, analyzes, tracks, and reports program metrics.
- Ability to acts as a mentor to junior team members.
- Experience in managing customer and stakeholder needs, generates and develops requirements, and performs functional analysis
- In depth knowledge of the following technologies:
o Microsoft Windows Active Directory
o Domain Name Server (DNS)
o Group Policy Management Console (GPMC)
o Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
o Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
o Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
Preferred Skills and Education – Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top