Systems Administrator - DevOps Environment
Would you like to work with a high-caliber agile team who is transforming the customer's approach to Agile development and DevOps at a top rated defense company with a culture of customer commitment and success?
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are about trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to solve some of our nation's hardest problems. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom.
We are seeking a motivated Systems Administrator who loves problem solving, is excited about new and emerging technologies and is passionate about quality. Join a skilled, highly respected team supporting the customer's full suite of critical business applications. This is a unique and rewarding opportunity to enrich your career by working with a high-caliber infrastructure team, committed customer, and experienced agile software development teams who all work collaboratively to meet the needs of the users. The Systems Administrator will manage and support the customer's Linux and Windows cloud infrastructure by developing and maintaining Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) libraries and automation code base and performing cloud optimization to ensure system productivity, stability, availability, and resource efficiency. The successful candidate will also provide direct support to cross-functional Agile development teams and use his/her knowledge and experience to:
- Contribute to overall architecture and infrastructure, as it relates to availability, scalability, security, performance, etc.
- Maintain and improve the project's code delivery pipeline
- Participate in establishing and enforcing best practice disciplines for Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and provide ALM problem resolution
- Maintain and recommend improvement to infrastructure tooling (e.g. automated AWS environment setup)
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- The candidate must have an Active Intel Security clearance with a Favorable Polygraph.
- Hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, Auto-Scaling, Cloud Watch, etc.)
- Strong experience supporting Linux and Java projects
- Experience with source control, CI and build tools such as Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Scripting experience in any language (Python, Java, Shell, etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and effectively manage priorities and communicate progress
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate information to a diverse population (technical and non-technical).
- Experience providing innovative solutions for routine issues and tasks
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies and willingness to learn Windows Systems Administration on a cross-function Agile Team
- Experience working in an agile environment, preferably as a member of a Scrum team; experience working/collaborating with software development teams
- Experience automating OS install processes (using kickstart configuration files, preseeding configuration files or similar)
- Scripting experience using Perl, Python or similar advanced scripting languages
- Experience with monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, etc. (Can you teach someone AppDynamics - is it required or preferred)
- Willingness to learn and implement Scrum framework, Lean principles, agile engineering and DevOps.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top