BAE Systems is seeking Systems Administrator professionals for our Data Center Services (DCS) Support Team, providing supervision and oversight across a wide array of Operational Systems and Projects. This includes systems administration, integration, the establishing of new user accounts, assigning privileges, maintaining and troubleshooting systems and software problems; establishing and updating procedures and documentation and performing daily system monitoring and maintenance; and providing direct customer support on specified IT/IS supported NGA architecture and systems. The Systems Administrator Specialist establishes new user accounts, assigns privileges, and maintains system security, troubleshoots system and software problems; establishes and updates procedures and documentation and performs daily system monitoring and maintenance, data backup and restoration, data processing utilities, shell scripting, batch processing, security log audits, creation and deployment of server and workstation images; investigate, analyze, correct and test software related issues; update software procedures to validate the software requirements specs; application problem resolution; and provide software related support to customer; develop, compile, test and deploy custom scripting to user specifications for problem resolution; assist in hardware/software integration; investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches and create/modify scripting to assure system configuration compatibilities; monitors system daily for proper operation, performs routine system preventative and restorative maintenance. The successful candidate will contribute a wide range of technical expertise in a team environment and provided first level supervision as required.
- Interface point of contact for the site user community
- Interface with site Help Desk and trouble reporting system
- Maintain current technical competencies to recommend appropriate system upgrades
- Maintains Linux and Unix Systems for a high visibility national system comprised of multiple servers on several networks at local and remote locations
- Administer standalone and network installation, file system management, backups, process control, user administration, and device management
- Responsible for resolving a wide variety of complex system failures, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network problems, and monitoring and addressing Service Center trouble tickets and ISR’s as required
- Provide 24×7 on-call support to mission critical systems and user support and administration
- Configure Windows OS to allow interaction between networks.
- Provide DNS, Active Directory and LDAP configuration.
- Configure hardware and software for servers, RAIDs, storage arrays, and library storage devices
- Provide O&M functions such as hard drive removal, print server configuration, performance optimization, and research and installation of current patches, where applicable install and support printers and storage peripherals
- Manage group shares and home directories
- Conduct system backups and restores
- Participate in technical exchanges
- Ensure compliance with computer security policy
- Monitor system usage and perform system tuning
- Manage tools and equipment
- Assist users with system problems
- Schedule and conduct preventative maintenance on Windows, Solaris and RHEL systems
- Ensure proper labeling of system components
- Develop, maintain, and report meaningful metrics
- Processes and procedures are developed and refined
- Policies are followed and understood and the focus on customer service is maintained
- Be able to interpret policies and communicate them
- Proven experience with endpoint computing management tools/systems
- Competent in ITIL practices
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors of Science in Information Technology plus 6-8 years’ of relevant experience.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of internetworking concepts such as TCP/IP, and a working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V and/or Oracle VM (LDOM).
- Successful candidate should demonstrate strong written/verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills including willingness and ability to document and share information.
- Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts as required
- Security+ certification
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with installation, configuration and maintenance of a virtual environment
- Familiar with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Certifications
- Experience with DOD computer security tools such as SRR and Gold Disk
- Experience in VB scripting and process documentation.
- Experience with NGA programs (specifically Library support) and facilities are also desired.
- Experience in server administration or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Unix/Linux server administration.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices is essential, including familiarity with technical modifications and documentation required to obtain/maintain NGA System Security Accreditation
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top