- Oak Ridge, TN
Looking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom .
We are seeking to hire a Systems Administrator to join our team in Oak Ridge TN.
Ideal c andidates shall have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have eight (8) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. Or the individual shall have five (5) years of full time computer science work that can be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree, and have eight (8) years of demonstrable experience in the system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
Candidates must possess a valid IAT Level 2 Certification upon time of hire.
Experience shall include installation, configuration, and networking of Linux based platforms.
This experience shall include:
- creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files.
- the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages.
- ability to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure.
- ability to provide support for the enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, e-mail services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of Linux based systems.
In addition to the above qualifications, candidates must have the following qualifications:
Installation, configuration, tuning, and support of:
- Servers running Sparc Solaris, SolarisX64, red Hat, and SuSe, with direct attached and FC SAN storage
- Client server technology utilizing NFS and CIFS
- Large memory SMP systems with many cores
- Enterprise client server configurations
- Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, and CXFS
- Fielded systems
- Blade systems and associated interconnects (SAD, FC, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Red Hat and Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Microsoft Exchange
- Infrastructure support services such as DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Centrify, Zenoss, SiteScope, HP Openview, HPSA, HPSE, Splunk, Sendmail, Exchange, NetQoS, Infoblox
- Thin client solutions based on Virtual bridges and Centrix
- NoMachine NX
- Virtualizing products; VMWare and Solaris containers
Accepted professional certifications include:
- Possess a valid RHCSA or higher Red Hat certification
- Valid VMWare certification
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top