The candidate will work on the customer site and be responsible for day to day administration and operation of complex networked computer systems. Candidate will be responsible for the technical liaison between the customer, coworkers and system vendors. Candidate will proactively research and recommend upgrades or enhancements for the IT infrastructure. Candidate will be responsible for the ensuring that security procedures and processes are followed and that servers are up to date on all patching and meeting security standards.
This position requires the generation of documentation and reports as requested by the customer management. Candidates must feel comfortable supporting specialized, intelligence based, systems and applications. Components administered include: Windows servers, Active Directory, and Linux servers.
Candidate will work with other USCG and Other Government Agencies (OGA) Administrators as required. Candidate will provide and maintain all system documentation jobs schedules, status, and files. All work will conform to DHS, DOD, and Intelligence Community, and USCG guidelines. Candidate will respond to after hour trouble calls from the IT Duty Technician. Candidate will perform all database disaster recovery/COOP methodology as delineated by the Government Project Lead.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Eight (8) years of additional experience, applicable training and/or certifications may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree
- System Administration skills in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience with configuring and maintaining server hardware (blade and rackmount)
- Experience configuring and maintaining VMware and virtualized environments
- Experience with security tools\System Administration skills in Windows Server 2008 & 2012
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Experience with scripting languages such as Windows Powershell and Unix shell for troubleshooting and automation of routine tasks
- Experience maintaining multiple baseline environments (production, test, development)
- Experience with installation and maintenance of authentication/authorization software e.g. Active Directory
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with configuration management software
- Security + Certification and CISSP
- Experience with installation and maintenance of databases such as Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with interpretation and application of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience with installation and maintenance of application servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, and WebLogic
- Experience with installation and maintenance of web servers such as Apache HTTPD
- Experience with configuration management and software build processes
- Experience with cybersecurity tools
- Knowledgeable in license management and maintenance
- Knowledge of shell scripting for troubleshooting and automation of routine tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and 6-12 years of experience in system administration.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top