The Active Directory Engineer will plan, support, implement, and design a directory synchronization system for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including directory and identity management solutions. Resolves and appropriately completes assigned cases and change requests and acts as an escalation for support issues. Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with team and determines course of action for new application initiatives. The core infrastructure technology duties include enterprise Microsoft Active Directory and Windows file services architecture creation and management, global system security and policy configuration, and top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives. This role requires an in depth knowledge of Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager, Federation, Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, Windows security, AD Proxy, Virtual Directory solutions and related technology.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Experience in deployment (FIM) Forefront Identity Manager server for Active Directory synchronization.
- Ensure authentication to DISA controlled database and agency’s Active Directory works as designed.
- Ensure DISA data is authoritative source and overwrites incorrect data within agency’s Active Directory.
- Work directly with DISA to obtain all required credentials for the system to operate.
- Coordinate with government lead to supply DISA with necessary approvals.
- Deliver configuration guide, administrator guide and user guide.
- Develops and implements risk and opportunity management plans, identifies risks, assesses risks, develops mitigation plans, and tracks risks.
- Identifies program objectives and technical development strategy; prepares System Engineering Management Plan, Work Breakdown Structures, master schedules, and key performance parameters.
- Collects, analyzes, tracks, and reports program metrics.
- Acts as a mentor to junior team members.
- Manages customer and stakeholder needs, generates and develops requirements, and performs functional analysis.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top