Responsible for supporting the United States Coast Guard Active Directory consolidation effort, by assisting in the migration of a number of various Active Directory domains into a single Enterprise Active Directory domain. The Active Directory engineer should have subject matter expertise in the following domains: Enterprise Directory Service, Active Directory (AD), Identity Management, Active Directory Migrations. Migration of legacy database to SQL server clusters.
- Support the AD consolidation project, which consists of migrating multiple child domains and disparate AD forests into the Enterprise Active Directory Forest.
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and third party migration products for the duration of the project.
- Design, manage, and support of all aspects of the Active Directory (AD) environment ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of authentication, authorization and LDAP related services to the enterprise’s internal as well external customers.
- Create and maintain Group Policy Objects and scope within the government infrastructure.
- Coordinate and execute domain controller removal at designated sites approved by the government.
- Deploy and manage enterprise ADFS environment.
- Experience in working with government personnel and procedures.
- Understanding of Microsoft Access and SQL databases for query upgrades.
- Work with other engineers and be responsible for the overall direction of the current and future state of Active Directory, LDAP/Authentication systems, access solutions, and infrastructure.
- Must possess good communications and writing skills, be organized, have ability to define and socialize new processes, able to effect change in a dynamic environment, comfortable working at many org levels, & must be team-oriented and performance- oriented.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education In depth knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory
- Domain Name Server (DNS)
- Microsoft SQL
- Group Policy Management Console (GPMC)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
Preferred Skills and Education – Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top