Systems Admin Sr Prin
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We're ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The role of the Senior Cloud System Administrator will support all operation aspects of the virtual / cloud administration in the enterprise to include event management, system upgrades, incident management, and day-to-day Operations & Sustainment of the enterprise virtual environment. The candidate will also be responsible for assisting in the development of patches and executing the implementation of those patches into the production environment. The Senior Cloud System Administrator will work hand-in-hand with System Administrators, Test/Lab Engineers, and Engineering in all things respective of the system production environment. This position will report to the O&S Support Manager.
- Tier II – III O&S responsibility of the Production Cloud System (virtualized desktop infrastructure) environment including establishing and maintaining configuration, and recovery documentation for designated systems
- Provide leadership, expertise, and strategic guidance on critical operations that span multiple systems and groups
- Serve as the escalation point for all Cloud System issues related to the Desktop Initiative Solution
- Work with the Test, Engineer, and Transition teams on the development of patches that will be applied to the Production system
- Provide expertise in the update, maintenance, and management of virtual hosts in support of Cloud System (virtualized desktop infrastructure) solutions
- Experience managing Citrix XenApp and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Experience maintaining and supporting Citrix Services, Windows Failover Clustering, and SQL AlwaysOn administration
- Experience managing and securing Microsoft Windows Server including Microsoft Group Policy in a virtual / cloud environment and using PowerShell scripting to manage Windows Servers and Citrix applications
- Understanding of the Windows user logon process and experience managing roaming profiles.
- Experiencing implementing and supporting load balancing for XenApp/XenDesktop services
- Monitor, evaluate and remediate any health concerns of the Cloud System within the environment
- Provide On‐the‐Job training to staff, as needed
- Creates, documents, and implements department process and procedures associated with administration of the Cloud System
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
- Ensure problems and error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed
- Perform other related duties as required
- Flexibility is a must and after hours on-call may occur
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top