Systems Admin Sr
The role of a User Transition Specialist is to facilitate the transition of groups of end users to an enterprise virtual desktop system. This involves participation as a member of a full transition team, communicating with the Government and project management, and directly interfacing with users and their management at individual sites. The User Transition Specialist will be responsible for supporting user transitions at multiple sites, and will support other Transition Team members migrating an agency's general user populations. The User Transition Specialist will work with the engineers, vendors and customer site support engineers to help resolve complex issues.
The User Transition Specialist must be a self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills. User Transition Specialists should be customer oriented, able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly, and be a team player. Strong communications skills are a must, and he/she should be able to convey the information to their teammates, leadership, and clients in a clear and concise manner.
The User Transition Specialist must be a skilled Windows Systems Administrator familiar with Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, Citrix, and other technologies used in the project baseline, and will be trained in the details of the system's implementation, and the specific tools the team leverages for transition of user data and identities to the enterprise.
Approximately 50% travel is required for up to 60 days at a time. Candidates should remain flexible as they may be required to shift support from one customer to another or provide matrixed support across the program between customer migrations.
Typical User Transition Specialist tasks include:
- Operate efficiently and execute a rapidly changing schedule while providing site installation, repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, and test activities
- Conduct on site field testing and provide technical direction to customers
- Identify technical problems and take initiative to resolve those issues immediately
- Comply with company policies and adhere to safety regulations
- Communicate effectively with customers, program leadership, and team members
- Responsible for ensuring excellent customer satisfaction by demonstrating commitment and delivering quality services
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top