Systems Admin Sr
BAE Systems has a job opening for a Senior Systems Administrator in Burlington, MA. Seeking an IT systems administrator to support classified and unclassified computing environments with deep and diverse skills in administering Linux infrastructure systems.
A successful candidate will join a team supporting internal customers, implementing and managing computer workgroups in labs to meet the customer requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Configure, administer and troubleshoot Linux and Windows servers and user workstation hardware and software
- Design, implement and manage Linux infrastructure (e.g. authentication, fileshare, collaboration servers) to meet the customer requirements.
- Develop solutions to complex IT problems that require the regular use of inventiveness and innovation, solutions that are consistent with organizational objectives. Contribute to the development of new techniques and standards.
You will often work self-directed, and determine technical objectives and approaches to assignments.
You should have extensive experience in supporting a large subset of the following:
- Standard Unix/Linux network management tools: NIS, DNS, NFS, automounter
- Authentication management: PAM, Red Hat Identity Management
- Windows/Linux cross-platform authentication services: LDAP, Winbind/Active Directory
- TCP/IP networking configuration and troubleshooting in Linux systems
- Linux/Unix network security: SELinux, Linux firewalls, tcpwrapper
- System performance monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Centralized administration tools: e.g. Puppet
- Automated system build tools: Kickstart, Cobbler, Jumpstart
- Network file services: NFS, Samba
- Virtual Machine technologies: VMware ESXi/vSphere, Red Hat KVM
- System hardening standards and their implementations on Linux systems: NISPOM, JAFAN, FISMA, DISA STIGs
- Enterprise storage administration: e.g. NetApp
- Backup systems: CommVault, NetBackup, Backup Exec, Veeam
- Unix shell programming: sh, perl
- Software development tools support: Subversion, Git, ClearCase
- Network license administration: e.g. FlexLM
- Web servers: Apache httpd, tomcat
You should be customer service oriented, attentive to detail, self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in teams. Flexibility in approach to finding solutions, the ability to understand and act on the customer needs and priorities, and learn new technologies quickly are some of the qualities a successful candidate will have. You will also need to be willing to respond to occasional off-hours outages and take part in subsequent service restoration efforts.
Preference will be given to candidates who hold active clearances.
CompTIA Security+ (or equivalent) and Red Hat RHCSA certifications may be required to work in some of the customer labs, and preference will be given to candidates who hold these certifications.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top