Systems Admin II - Installation Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking an Installation Engineer to join the Collaboration Gateway Program Management Office (PMO) as a member of the PMO Technical Support Staff. Job responsibilities include:
Provide technical support to Collaboration Gateway PMO including support for analysis of customer site requirements, installation support, testing, and technical evaluation of technology for the Collaboration Gateway (CG) suite of cross-domain transfer solutions which includes capabilities such as CG, Voice and Video Cross Domain System (V2CDS) Tactical Chat and TransVerse.
Specific job duties include:
1) Plan and conduct Site Surveys
2) Perform Integration Analysis and support Implementation Plan Development
3) Create/ support the creation of appropriate Assessment and Authorization documentation and facilitate accreditation processes and activities as appropriate for designated role
4) Support User and Administrative Training activities as appropriate for designated role
5) Perform Installation and Testing
6) Support System O&M activities via Technical Support and Problem Resolution in coordination with Help Desk and PMO as requested in accordance with designated role
7) Provide technical expertise and understanding of CG suite of capabilities to external Government customers on implementation in their operational environments.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Individual will be expected to perform in a highly self-directed manner as a key contributor of PMO team. Individual will focus on completing user work in accordance with established plans and quality standards and will also be responsible for task coordination and management and provide role-specific functional expertise to client deliverables. Individual will be expected to maintain knowledge of latest technologies applicable to multi-level client implementations.
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience systems administration, computer security, information systems security, and installation (preferably within DoD and IC environments)
- Familiarity with or ability to learn DoD/IC Information System security policies and procedures to include ICD 503, NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-37
- Networking and Virtualization technologies including Cisco, FTP, Active Directory/ User Authentication, PKI, VOIP, Chat, etc.
- Strong Operating System knowledge (to include security auditing and vulnerability assessment and analysis) for MS Server and Red Hat Linux
- Ability to install Multi-level security systems in operational environments
- Ability to troubleshoot network configurations, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), and MS Windows security issues to include Active Directory and Certificates
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and technical personnel across different government organizations
- Possession of excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain CISSP within 6 months of hire, and obtain Cisco CCNA-Collaboration and other relevant certifications as applicable
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred Education/ Professional Certification:
- BA or BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field required; MS desired
- Current CISSP
- Current Cisco CCNA-Collaboration
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top