System Support Specialist
BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced candidate to support the Standoff Munitions Application Center (SMAC). SMAC supports the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) by optimizing efficiency and combat effectiveness of High Demand Low Density (HD/LD) global strike and theater standoff munitions. This position is located at the government SMAC facility at Barksdale Air Force Base, located near Bossier City, LA.
The SMAC System Support Specialist performs planning, installation, maintaining hardware and software systems designed for use throughout the SMAC organization. It involves investigating and analyzing a variety of unusual problems, questions, or conditions associated with systems administration. The employee provides on-site support, serves as a technical expert and consultant to management, as well as a participant in rerun efforts to ensure optimum functionality of assigned systems. The employee develops procedures for the operation, management, and maintenance of new or enhanced systems, providing guidance and instruction on their use to both assigned IT specialists and customers. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related military work experience (United States Air Force [USAF], United States Navy [USN] or United States Marine Corp [USMC]).
- Minimum three years of experience working with SMAC systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of SMAC system hardware and software installation and maintenance.
- Ability to identify system problems and provides corrective action.
- Ensures maintenance and upgrade procedures are established to minimize disruption to normal business functions of organizations within the installation.
- Ability to design data products, processes, or programs that enhance functional area management.
- Experience supporting AOC operations within classified environments to include SIPRNet and JWICS.
- T1 and T2 certifications IAW DoD Manual 8570.1-M.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Team player with a proactive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Preferred Skills and Education – Five years or more of experience working with working with SMAC systems
- Real world contingency experience in AOC Combat Plans or Combat Operations Division.
- Air Staff, MAJCOM, or NAF staff experience.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top