System Support Specialist
BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced candidate to support the Standoff Munitions Application Center (SMAC). SMAC supports the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) by optimizing efficiency and combat effectiveness of High Demand Low Density (HD/LD) global strike and theater standoff munitions. This position is located at the government SMAC facility at Barksdale Air Force Base, located near Bossier City, LA.
The SMAC System Support Specialist/ Network & Server Ops Specialist contractor acts as SMAC's computer network hardware and communication equipment specialists. Activities include, but are not limited to deploying, sustaining, troubleshooting, and repairing standard voice, data, and video network infrastructure systems, IP detection systems, and cryptographic equipment. They perform, coordinate, integrate, and supervise network design, configuration, operation, defense, restoration, and improvements. The contractor will also analyze capabilities and performance, identify problems, and take corrective action. They fabricate, terminate, and interconnect wiring and associated network infrastructure devices.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Information Assurance (IA) Certification. This position includes IA work as a paramount duty requirement. Per DoD 8570.01-M, the incumbent of this position must achieve the appropriate TA certification within six months of assignment of these duties, as system administrative privileges are required on site.
- CompTIA Security + certification
- Department of Defense experience.
- Completion of E3ABR3D132 00AA, Cyber Transport Systems Specialist, or equivalent DoD level formal training course.
- 5 years of experience in the AFSC 3D1X / 3D0X, Cyber Transport Systems, or equivalent fields of computer support.
- Proven experience within the MS Windows Server environment, managing client account through the server environment, and building and configuring domain controllers.
- Proven experience maintaining, troubleshooting, configuring Network Appliances, Windows Servers, and Virtual Desktops.
- Network+ certification or CCNA.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Knowledge of systems integration methods, performance tuning methods, test and evaluation methods and procedures, IT security principles and methods, and project management principles and methods sufficient to plan and coordinate the installation of new products or equipment.
- Ability to modify existing systems and relate all aspects of the work to overall system requirements, to stay well informed on rapidly changing technology, to advise on and implement new technology, to evaluate its possible impact on organization missions, to develop strategies to satisfy requirements, and to offer alternative approaches in operating systems development and/or problem resolution.
- Completion of a formal Space and/or Cyberspace Warfare operations course or equivalent.
- Certified Ethical Hacking Certification
- Linux Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top