System Integration Eng Sr Prin
- Dulles, VA
If you are in search of an opportunity where you are able to use your technical knowledge, organizational skills, and desire to support an important world-wide mission, this position is for you! We are in search of an energetic Technical Project Integrator to join our Operations & Support Team. This position affords the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work with a great team of technical security professionals who directly support one of the Customer's important missions.
As the Technical Project Integrator / Operations Manager, you will be responsible for planning, tracking, reporting, and managing the implementation and operations of a new OCONUS support effort. In this role, you will provide technical project life-cycle support including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies, and requirements of hardware and software components; coordinate with other team members to ensure problem resolution, appropriate risk reduction, and user satisfaction; and make recommendations, as needed, on test and evaluation strategies for application development and system installations.
This position requires a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. Candidate will NOT be considered without it.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities may include:
- Coordinate the preparation of global site installation plans and technical design packages
- Increase collaboration and communication between numerous divisions/branches within the group to ensure seamless field deployments and reliable support
- Maintain integrity of systems by defining requirements, architecture, and interfaces
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning including research of products as well as hardware and software recommendations
- Maintain and track network issues to ensure Operations Center response integrity
- Ensure adequate and appropriate communications and planning is provided for facilities
- Coordinate efforts of a staff engaged in facility additions, moves or changes, including analysis, telecommunications planning, cabling, IT requirements, etc.
- Assess and document current global inventory
- Tracking and monitoring team's action items.
- Recommending changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware and/or software requirements related to such changes.
- Gathering data pertaining to customer needs, and using the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Assisting with configuration management of team's documentation.
- Assisting with Security Plan documentation updates.
Typical Education and Experience:
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to lead technical projects to completion
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, active listening); able to communicate/collaborate with both technical SMEs as well as with govt management and programmatic support elements of the organization
- Experience with technical integration efforts
- Experience using process tracking and/or document control software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to assist with travel/deployment schedules, collaboration with OCONUS locations, and collection and reporting of worldwide support efforts
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects/taskings
- Self-starter not satisfied with status quo
- Process-improvement and waste-reduction oriented
- Experience with supporting large O&M and installation efforts
- Experience with operations management and/or support
- Understanding of physical and/or technical security systems
- Understanding of customer's OCONUS mission
- Experience using Jira and Confluence for requirements tracking and communication
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with Excel Pivot Tables
- Experience/understanding of Agile frameworks
Generally requires eleven (11) years of experience with the specific computer language, systems, and/or technology is significantly more important than the number of years of experience.
Preferred Skills and Education
General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at the ratio of three (3) years of general experience with an occupation of one (1) year of specialized experience.
Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience.
An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill can be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill can be considered equivalent to three (3) years of specialized experience.
A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill can be considered equivalent to five (5) years of specialized experience when combined with a Bachelor's degree
A Doctorate in in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill can be considered equivalent to seven (7) years of specialized experience when combined with a Master's and Bachelor's degree
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top