System Engineer II (Testing)
BAE Systems Platforms and Services is currently seeking a Systems Engineer II to support the Combat Vehicles business unit in San Jose, CA.
Integrates Diagnostic Health Management (DHM) detailed design elements to sub-systems and/or system of a project. Develops technical/performance requirements for component/subsystem specifications related to TMDE. Determines system and/or subsystem TMDE analysis parameters. Analyzes designs for Integrated Diagnostics & Testability (ID&T) deficiencies and determines potential corrective action. Develops trade-offs and assesses impact of options to aid ID&T and TMDE decision making.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Manages the identification of faults and fault codes for the system under design.
- Analyzes system and subsystem designs for Integrated Diagnostics and Test (ID&T) deficiencies and recommends potential corrective action.
- Develops strategies, testing, and analysis methods for complex problems.
- Performs troubleshooting on electrical/electronic and computer assemblies at a sub-systems and systems level using the most effective method.
- Ensures ID&T designs are tested in accordance with design requirements.
- Integrates detailed design elements in the areas of BIT, and automatic and manual test programs for specific portions of a project, at a subsystem or system level.
- Generates and tracks ID&T requirements and develops test plans to demonstrate compliance with design/contract requirements.
- Provides a cost effective capability to detect and isolate unambiguously all faults known or expected to occur in systems and equipment.
- Understands subsystem and system integration and may conduct design reviews (internal and external).
- Provides related ID&T technical/performance requirements for component/subsystem/system specifications.
- Interfaces with suppliers, subcontractors, and customers to integrate ID&T analysis and solutions at the system level.
- Provides technical assistance and problem solving during fabrication, assembly and test.
- Understands the interface of hardware configuration items (HWCI) with computer software configuration items (CSCI) at assembly, subsystem, and system levels.
- Facilitates the preparation of detail drawings and technical documentation.
- Prepares presentation materials for senior management, and for internal/external customers.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years related work experience Required Skills and Education · Familiar with identification of faults and fault codes for the system under design
- Ability to perform troubleshooting on electrical/electronic and computer assemblies at a sub-systems and systems level using the most effective method.
- Strong communication and presentation skills when working with senior management, and for/with internal/external customers
- Experience with System Testing or Modeling Software
Preferred Skills and Education · Support and interface with the IPTs for implementation of DHM solutions
- Familiarity with current industry standard fault analysis SW tools
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top