System Engineer for Eletronic Warfare and Electronic Attack
BAE Systems is developing systems in the Electronic Attack (EA) domain of Electronic Warfare (EW). Motivated and positive minded engineers highly skilled in EA are needed for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, and geolocation of emitters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will involve developing new EA techniques for application in EW systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Performing one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Analyzes and develops EA techniques to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms.
b. Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Develops and evaluates complex system designs and architectures.
d. Develops and analyzes mathematically complex and computationally intricate EA and geolocation algorithms.
e. Performs Threat Analysis to develop EA techniques.
f . Performs system level integration and test of EA systems.
g. Performs lab debug and analysis of EA techniques.
h. Verifies complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
2. Supporting proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
3. Estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
4. Preparing and/or delivering basic customer and technical presentations.
5. Will have extensive outside contact with customers, other contractors and government officials.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Preferred Education: Bachelor Degree and 8+ year(s) related experience
Required Skills: Specific skills within the Electronic Support Measures (ESM)/Electronic Attack (EA) domains of Electronic Warfare (EW) to include:
- Understanding of Surface and Airborne Radar and Missile System employment, capabilities and processing to include Electronic Counter-Countermeasures (ECCM) / Electronic Protection (EP) .
- Experience with the offensive (stand-off/escort) and/or offensive (self-protection) EA systems.
- Experience with the development of onboard and/or offboard EA systems as it relates to platform survivability.
- EW system hardware design knowledge as it relates to the detection and countering of radar and missile system engagements.
- Understanding of radar signal processing techniques including ECCM/EP .
- Understands radar operation and employment including cooperative engagements.
- Understands RWR and SIGINT systems.
- Understands EA/ESM systems architectures.
- Familiar with digital signal processing concepts including FFT and DRFM
- RF / FPGA IV&V skills to include lab debug and analysis work.
- Ability to analyze and model atmospheric propagation of RF signals.
- Knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance. Ability to model antenna impacts on received and transmitted signals. Understanding of antenna patterns, polarization, bandwidth, beamwidth etc.
- Ability to effectively document, communicate and work with a team on designs, results, reports and presentations.
Preferred Skills and Education
- B.S. Electrical Engineering with classes leading to an M.S. in either Systems or Electrical Engineering
- Active United States security clearance, preferably Top Secret
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top