System Architect - Precision Guided Munitions
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®."
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems - Survivability, Targeting and Sensing Solutions (STS) Business Area has an immediate opening for a System Architect for the Precision Guidance and Sensing Solutions (PGSS) Product Line. The System Architect will help grow the PGSS product line by applying BAE Systems' broad technology base to fill real gaps that Department of Defense customers have in the area of smart weapons. This candidate will define the system architecture to meet the technical direction of the product line and interact with leading senior engineers while architecting complex solutions for precision munitions.
This role may be staffed in our southern New Hampshire location or in our new and expanding facilities in Huntsville, Alabama.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in system architecting of solutions for missile systems and guided projectiles
- Understanding of and technical experience with missile systems and subsystems
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines
- Ability to understand and generate CONOPS for missile systems
- Prior experience with missile integration and testing
- Develop requirements in response to customer operational needs and mature operational concepts
- Develop briefings, white papers, and analysis to support the business capture efforts
- Proven track record of developing and implementing affordable solutions
- International experience with UK suppliers and export regulations
- Master's degree in systems engineering
- Knowledge and experience with MIL-STD-881D
- Previous experience with government requirements development for missile systems
- Ability to complete subsystem supplier evaluations and support make/buy trades
- Active clearance
- Experience in weapons systems design, missile systems design, or weapons systems performance analysis
- Experience in technology development in precision targeting and guidance systems
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering using SysML
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top