BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced candidate to support the Standoff Munitions Application Center (SMAC). SMAC supports the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) by optimizing efficiency and combat effectiveness of High Demand Low Density (HD/LD) global strike and theater standoff munitions. This position is located at the government SMAC facility at Barksdale Air Force Base, located near Bossier City, LA.
The SMAC System Analyst shall develop and lead modeling and simulation studies that optimize mission planning by assessing the characteristics and performance of foreign integrated threat weapon systems across the air, land, sea, and cyber domains. Duties include creating system-of-system scenarios, mission planning, asset operations, operator training, threat analysis and data transfers.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related military work experience (United States Air Force [USAF], United States Navy [USN] or United States Marine Corp [USMC]).
- Minimum three years of experience working with SMAC systems.
- Ability to Identify system problems that are of an unusual or complex nature and develop corrective action.
- Ability to design data products, processes, or programs that enhance functional area management.
- Knowledge of IT processes for standoff munitions mission planning product integration into modeling and simulation systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve unusual or complex hardware and software malfunctions.
- Ability to recommend acquisition of equipment, software and/or hardware which will resolve operational problems.
- Experience in testing and evaluating current and proposed equipment and software enhancements.
- Experience in evaluating vendor-developed software to ensure defined subject-matter requirements can be accommodated.
- Ability to establish controls for data privacy and security in info systems.
- Proven experience in supporting customers through Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis.
- T1 and T2 certifications IAW DoD Manual 8570.1-M.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Team player with a proactive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Preferred Skills and Education – Five years or more of experience working with working with SMAC systems
- Real world contingency experience in AOC Combat Plans or Combat Operations Division.
- Air Staff, MAJCOM, or NAF staff experience.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top