BAE Systems is seeking Systems Administrators. Candidates will maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems and troubleshooting to ensure all systems match current security postures. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Must be an action oriented, self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment. Seeking individuals who want opportunities to broaden their technical skills while working in a high ops tempo environment. Candidate should be mission focused, have sound problem/troubleshooting skills and the ability to think critically through problems. Candidate should have a process oriented solutions focus, excellent communication skills and the ability to stretch technically and personally. This position is open in multiple locations.
Work may be performed in Colorado Springs CO, Tampa FL, St Louis MO, Omaha NE, Norfolk VA, and Washington DC (Bolling AFB)
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
BAE Systems is seeking multiple positions at several locations. For each of the below positions, the candidate must hold a current Security+, or greater, and be enrolled in the Continuing Education (CE) program through CompTIA in accordance with DOD 8570.01-M
- Storage Administrator: This position will be required to install, configure, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve problems with Dell Compellent storage appliances; administer SAN Fabric switches Cisco/Brocade; setup storage network with various SAN environments; configure zoning policies; managing storage allocations for Windows and Unix platforms; and masking of LUNs and Implementing Host groups and Security Policies
- Exchange Administrator: This position will be required to install, configure, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve problems with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, and 2016. Other duties include operations and maintenance activities for Enterprise Vault, to include Freedom of Information Requests, server maintenance, and administrative tasks. The successful candidate must perform system administrative functions on an enterprise level WAN MS Exchange domain, including software support functions.
- Database Administrator: Candidate must have proven hands on experience performing backups and restores of enterprise database systems; experience with High Availability (HA), Fail-Over, and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server; monitoring and tuning a database to provide a highly available service; automating operational tasks using scripts; trouble-shooting performance issues in a live production environment; design and normalizing of databases
- Active Directory Administrator: This position will be responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving problems with Microsoft Active Directory Domain/Forest 2008, 2012, and 2016. Must be experienced with system administrative functions on an enterprise level WAN MS Active Directory domain, including software support functions, patching, Sites and Services, Group Policies, Trust relationships, and tuning.
- Server Administrator: Designs and optimize virtualization configurations & topologies with VMWare VSphere and Microsoft HyperV. Analyzes requirements and prepares specifications for hardware acquisitions. Develops hardware installation schedules. Prepares test and after action reports. Configures virtualized servers, software, virtualized desktops, and peripheral equipment. Installs servers & network hardware.
- Patching Administrator: Knowledgeable in security patching of Operating Systems, to include by not limited to Microsoft Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2012/2016, Linux RedHat, and Solaris 10
For each of the below positions, ITIL v3 experience and certification is desired, a working knowledge of System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Solarwinds, the use of ServiceNow, and experience with automated scripting technologies would be an added advantage. Good communications skills, both verbal and written required. 14+ Years with High School or 12+ Years with Associate's Degree or 10+ Years with Bachelor's Degree or 8+ Years with Master's Degree or 6+ Years with PhD.
- Storage Administrator: Dell Compellent storage appliances, DataDomain backup appliances,
- Exchange Administrator: Exchange 2013/2016, Veritas Enterprise Vault, Dell SourceOne
- Database Administrator: Microsoft SQL Servers, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, MySQL, Oracle
- Active Directory Administrator: Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016, Active Directory server roles, and integrated DNS and AD replication
- Server Administrator: Working knowledge of MS Windows Server 20012/2016, Distributed File System (DFS), VMware, HyperV, Citrix, Red Hat Linux
- Patching Administrator: Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2012/2016, Linux RedHat, and Solaris 10
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top