BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced Systems Administrator for the Air Vehicle Planning System (APS), a large software application which performs the force level mission planning for air breathing vehicles. The application consists of 2.4M lines of executable code. This position will support the modernization effort of this application using Agile methodologies. The candidate should have a full understanding of a software development lifecycle.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must have and active Secret and be eligible for a Top Secret clearance
- Proficient in Windows 7/2008/2012/10
- Proficient in RedHat 6 & 7
- Proficient in Vmware admin
- Proficient in setting up new HW and moving HW
- Self-starter with ability to multitask
- Team player with a proactive attitude
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Security+ or higher certification
Preferred Skills and Education
- Proficient in Solaris 10
- Bachelors of Science degree
- Mission planning domain experience
- Requirements analysis (Familiar with the processes involved in decomposing and deriving requirements).
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top