BAE Systems is seeking a Systems Administrator to:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Installs/loads operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
- In addition, provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Skills and Tasks
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Develops new concepts and processes.
- Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
- Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities.
- Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or specialists.
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project or team
- Required-- Linux (RHEL/CentOS), DevOps/Automation (Ansible, Python, Chef, Puppet),
- Cloud, RMF security practices (i.e. STIGs), Database management, VMWare
- High School Diploma/GED plus 8 years of relevant experience
- Associate Degree plus 6 years of relevant experience
- Bachelors Degree plus 4 years of relevant experience
- Masters Degree plus 2 years of relevant experience
- PhD plus 0 years of relevant experience
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top