Surface Mount Technology Principle Process Engineer
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Our Operations employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions to meet our customers' needs. From Supply Chain, to manufacturing and test, Electronic Systems offers opportunities to work with technology rarely accessible in other manufacturing firms. Our training and development programs provide employees with career advancement in a diverse work environment.
The intent of this opening is to find the lead Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Process Engineer for our Space Systems Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) manufacturing line in Manassas, Virginia. With significant growth in the business, we are investing in modernization of our equipment and factory in the SMT CCA work cell. We are looking for an experienced SMT Process Engineer to take ownership of the area, deploy our newly acquired tools and efficiently produce world class space electronics to enable commercial, military, exploratory and classified space missions.
Lead process engineer for solder paste application, component pick & place, mass solder reflow equipment/processes.
Possible future expansion to include process engineer ownership for Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) equipment/process.
Develop tools/processes, qualify for production, maintain/troubleshoot/optimize
Train technicians and operators to use the equipment
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience with a variety of automated SMT equipment in a medium to high-volume production environment.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in engineering development and sustainment in support of electronics equipment manufacture
- Strong technical leadership, effective team player, and solid individual contributor with sound technical fundamentals
- Proven team leader with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have successfully establish strong working relationships across company's technical and non-technical functions
- Motivated self-starter and creative problem solver with proven experience executing in diverse multi-disciplinary teams
- US CITIZEN
CSMTPE (Certified Surface Mount Technology Process Engineer) or similar
Lean 6 Sigma Certified Black Belt or similar
* Experience with Design For Manufacturability (DFM) concepts and how to use them to feedback design changes for manufacturing success.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top