Support Equipment Engineer - GBSD
- Roy, UT
BAE Systems, Inc. employees and sub-contractors support the United States Air Force (USAF) Nuclear Weapons Center (AFNWC) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) System Directorate as it sustains the existing LGM-30 Minuteman III (MM III) weapon system and acquires its replacement, the YLGM-182A Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD).
This specific opening is for an ISC GBSD Support Equipment Engineer. It is a challenging and rewarding management position within a multi-disciplinary team. The Support Equipment Engineer is accountable to ISC GBSD Leadership and the Customer for the support equipment technical quality, content, and results of projects and tasks within the scope of the Division.
Directly advises and assists the government customer in: ensuring necessary requirements are identified from initial systems requirements through trade analysis & design synthesis, product design validation & verification and final product sell-off.
Manages, coordinates, plans, organizes, controls, integrates, and executes a projects or collection of projects. Ensures achievement of financial, schedule, technical, and new business performance objectives. Participates in the support of new business and in the development of financial plans for the company. Models and demonstrates strong leadership in ethics, safety and security.
This position will be located at or near Hill AFB, Utah.
Pursuant to Government contract, this position requires US Citizenship status.
BAE Systems is recognized as a Top Workplace in Utah for two years in a row. Join an extraordinary company culture and the winning team to success on the ICBM Integrated Support Contract this year and for years to come.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 7+ years aerospace / mechanical engineering experience
- Experience in supporting design & implementation of complex mechanical equipment.
- Experience working in a collaborative, multi-discipline engineering team environment.
- Understand mechanical system design principle and product configuration control.
- Ability to interpret and implement specific requirements and coordinate design evolutionary processes.
- Attention to detail, conversant with MS office tools.
- Active Secret (or higher) security clearance adjudicated within the last 6 years.
- Advanced Degree.
- Experience with DoD and / or AF acquisition processes / documentation.
- Experience with Modeling, Simulation & Analysis.
- Experience with requirements analysis and traceability, to include: defining, documenting and controlling scope within the design process.
- Experience with risk management.
- Experience with Geospatial Information and Services (GI&S).
- Experience working in a classified environment.
- Knowledge of nuclear missile infrastructure.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top