Supply Quality Engineer
- Endicott, NY
BAE Systems looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, preform onsite inspections of material and lead multiple projects to completion. The ideal candidate must be a problem solver who will utilize their analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to present findings to the business and resolve issues in an effective and timely manner.
Required Skills and Education
- Excellent Communication Skills Both Oral and Written
- Experience in AS9100 (or similar) based quality system
- Demonstrated Ability to Identify and Mitigate Risks
- Good Problem Solving Skills and Experience in Determining Root Cause and Corrective Action
- Knowledge and Use of Statistical Process Control
- Ability to Use Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive Attitude Working in a Team Environment
- Ability to productively contribute to projects to improve processes both internal and within the supply chain
- Proficiency in Oracle ERP Quality Modules
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Techniques such as: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Kanban, Supplier Managed Inventories, 6S, TPS, DFT.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement
- Experience in AS9145, APQP, PPAP
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top