Supply Chain Planner II
The Supply Chain Planner (SCP) is the focal point for all supply chain activities. The planner supports execution of programs and coordination of new program / product launches. SCP assists with reporting of key performance indicators, performance data, and miscellaneous metrics.
The Supply Chain Planner will identify and escalate issues.
SCP will plan, prepare, issue and control material requirements in conjunction with the production schedule. Planner will support risk management activities impacting the value chain working with cross-functional teams. The planner ensures that shipments are accomplished to maintain contract/internal delivery commitments. SCP will utilize system and process tools to achieve program / functional goals.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Planning experience in a large multifaceted electronic manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations
- Significant ERP System Experience (Oracle, SAP, Other), inclusive of shop floor control systems
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes
- Sales & Operations Experience / knowledge
- Inventory / stockroom management
- Project Management experience
- Ability to verbally and accurately report production status to program team or factory team.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to analyze and react to exceptions in MRP, especially around Bills of Material, Material Planning, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and ECOs.
- Good communication skills and drive to learn Supply Chain initiatives, processes and procedures as well as a multitude of modules and reporting.
- Progressing in a Bachelor's degree in Business/Supply Chain or related field
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top