Supply Chain Planner
BAE Systems Inc., Manassas VA requires a Supply Chain Planner II to support the Space Systems line of business for the Electronic Systems sector. An industry leader for its suite of radiation hardened products Space Systems leverages decades of expertise to build a robust and growing product line. BAE Systems Space products can be found present on almost all of commercial, civil and national security space missions for the past 20 years; including GPS, weather monitoring, satellite TV and radio, exploring the universe; most notably the Mars rovers and missions to protect those who protect us. From semiconductor components to ASICS to Circuit Card Assemblies and Sub-Systems, our products are ubiquitous throughout Earth's orbit and beyond.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Planner II is responsible for providing Planning leadership and support to the Manassas VA, Manufacturing and other BAE Manufacturing across an broad array of technologies. The position will plan, prepare, issue and control, MRP production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements: Maintain MRP requirements, integrity, and accuracy. Ensures shipments are accomplished to maintain contract/internal delivery commitments
1. Configure work order in preparation for manufacturing's release. Ensure kits are short free and lower level makes are prepared to meet demand and requirements for manufacturing's pull.
2. Assist in the analysis of Supply Chain issues, Work in progress and potential production setbacks and participates in providing recommendations to assure delivery requirements are satisfied.
3. Work with the commodity team to balance the material flow from suppliers to manufacturing based on MRP demand. Communicate material factory constraints to commodity team and Master Production Scheduler. Receive material supplier constraints from commodity team (action accordingly).
4. Lead the engineering change order process (ECO'S), DER activity, and Special Engineering kits to insure correct configured material.
5. Participate at the material review board meets. Demonstrate competency in Material Management Accounting System (MMAS).
6. Involvement in continuous improvement teams as required.
7. Perform other duties as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Strong Knowledge of MRP preferably Oracle
- Strong communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top