Supply Chain Manager 1
Included responsibilities will be :
- Develop procurement strategies including a clear, concise, actionable Statements of Work (SOW).
- Act as an advisor regarding legal requirements, best practices, terms and conditions, and delivery schedules.
- Oversee proposal preparation, pricing activities, and contract negotiation with the US government for changes, Request Equitable Adjustments (REA), and task orders.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert interpreting contractual terms and conditions and appropriate Prime Contract flow down clauses.
- Manage higher-level supplier relationships including leading kick-off meetings, communications and performance measurement.
- Coordinate post-award supplier implementation plan and activities for the smooth transition of new suppliers, directing site visits / on-site meetings as needed.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Establish metrics and supplier scorecards to collect end-user feedback and identify areas requiring improvements or corrective action.
- Ensure processes are in place to properly receive products and/or services in support of the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) process (aka three way match of order, receipt, and invoice).
- Manage involvement of required team members in higher-level supplier closeouts (Sourcing, Property Management, Compliance, Finance, etc.).
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of experience o verseeing proposal preparation, pricing activities, and contract negotiation with the US government for changes, Request Equitable Adjustments (REA), and task orders.
- Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of Degree
Experience managing multi-million dollar contracts a plus!
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top