Supply Chain Intern
This is a full-time Supply Chain Internship with BAE Systems located in York, Pennsylvania.
The intern will report to the Director of Supply Chain and assist Supply Chain Buyers in areas such as commodity strategy creation, supplier selection, supplier risk assessments, negotiations, purchase order creation, price and cost analysis, US Government Federal Acquisition Regulation compliance requirements, expediting, local supplier visits, and other projects as assigned. Items that are procured include engines, transmissions, generators, suspension & braking, tracks & wheels, hydraulics & pumps, optics, castings, forgings, machined components, mechanical assemblies, electrical, hardware, and prototypes.
The intern may engage in a high degree of collaboration and communication with Engineering, Program Management, Finance, Manufacturing, Supplier Quality, Contracts, external customers, and other Supply Chain / Procurement areas.
This internship has the potential to turn into full-time regular employment with the company.
Required Skills and Education
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Candidate must hold a Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Applied Engineering Sciences program, or related field. If the candidate holds a degree in Applied Engineering Sciences or another related field, candidates with a concentration in Supply Chain Management are preferred.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Demonstrated significant experience using Microsoft Office programs
- Previous internship experience is a plus, preferably in the supply chain industry
- Demonstrated leadership experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top