Supply Chain Director
BAE Systems Inc is currently recruiting for a Director of Supply Chain to join the leadership team in our Weapon Systems business in Louisville, KY The Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for the procurement of direct and indirect materials to support production. In addition, the role will have responsibility for all subcontracts across the business.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Global Supply Chain for Weapon Systems and will have seven direct reports across the business.
General Purpose :
• Accountable for meeting financial targets and supply base performance
• Develops and cultivates mutually beneficial supplier relationships that ensure continuity of supply while maintaining unquestionable integrity.
• Promote an internal and external (supplier) environment where continuous improvement is the goal.
• Provides leadership over the sourcing and contracting functions for indirect and direct spend.
• Manages and mentors a team of managers, buyers and procurement personnel across four sites located in Louisville, KY, Minneapolis, MN, Aberdeen, SD, and Dayton, OH.
Position Summary, Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Supervises the direct reports to including skill development, motivation and performance management in order to meet all objectives for the organization.
• Develops performance metrics and drives initiatives to ensure goals are met on schedule.
• Works cross-functionally to forge collaborative relationships with engineering, contracts, legal, finance, and operations leadership to drive best practices.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement solutions.
• Leads major contract negotiations. Reviews and recommends changes to improve contract terms, conditions and procedures.
• Proactively drives the continual search for qualified vendors in all areas to ensure costs are appropriately aligned.
• Recommends company procurement strategy, goals, and guidelines on an annual basis; responsible for purchasing of goods and services in excess of $200M.
• Maintains an approved government purchasing system (CPSR experience) and responsible for compliance to all FAR/DFARs regulations.
• Provides new business proposal support.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 12+ years of progressive Supply Chain leadership management experience.
- Procurement and Subcontracts experience.
- Experience with driving transformational organization changes.
- Experience with FAR/DFAR
- Operational Excellence experience / Lean / 6-Sigma
- Experience driving supplier improvement initiatives
- MBA or Masters of Supply Chain
- Six Sigma Blackbelt
- Experience with Oracle ERP
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top