Supply Chain Cost Analyst Senior
The Combat Vehicles (CV) Business Unit is seeking a Cost Analyst. This position is a member of the Supply Chain Proposal Team and supports the Proposal Manager in the execution of cost proposal element review, analysis, audit, technical review and reporting process.
Typical tasks are development and update of plans, schedules, materials, and files; coordinating with other functions and leadership to support all material proposal actions to include one or more of the following :
• Completion of price analysis, comparison of proposed prices, historical price comparison, parametric estimating, and comparison to published price lists, independent estimates.
• Experience evaluating the requirement for certified cost and pricing data requirements, and exemptions, price competition, prices set by law or regulation, waivers, and commercial items.
• Use of techniques relating to statistical analysis, prices indices, cost-profit-volume and improvement curve analyses, and regression analysis •
• Analyze moderately complex RFP to determine scope and requirements. Responsible for moderately complex proposal reviews and evaluation estimates input for adequacy, currency, completeness, accuracy, and reasonableness. Follows-up on all inputs.
• Research past similar projects or estimates for comparative analysis as required, and creation of templates or standard outputs prescribed in process control documents.
• Evaluation of make buy decisions, cost or pricing data cost elements, current practices and future costs.
• Requests estimates from functional groups or generate estimate data. Clarifies unique requirements and reviews submittals.
• Supports appropriate personnel to develop a work breakdown structure and program schedule (including major program milestones) for proposals as required.
• Familiar with the Truth in Negotiations Act, Competition in Contracting Act and proficient with CAS/FAR Cost Principles and FAR/DFARS regulations.
• Practical experience with content, format, and basis of bills of materials and possess the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Exercise good planning, time management and organization skills, while proficient in use of Excel, Word, Power Point and Access tools.
• Familiar with cost volumes and basis of estimates, and exhibit strong analytical skills with the ability to think critically.
• Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
The ideal candidate has five years of experience in a cost estimating, strategic sourcing, or analytic position in support of multi-facility manufacturing environment.
- This individual must have strong process & communications skills and a proven ability to work within a team oriented, fast paced environment
- High level of proficiency with Excel (V-lookups and Macros)
- Proficient with CAS/FAR Cost Principles and FAR/DFARS regulations
- Knowledge of the Truth in Negotiations Act and Competition in Contracting Acts
- Experience maintaining financial reports and records to ensure compliance with annual internal and external audits
- Experienced in standard costing procedures and requirements
- Knowledge of financial principles, and ability to interpret financial models
- Ability to read blueprints
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- The individual selected for this role must have strong technical skills and the ability to integrate large amounts of data from multiple databases or systems.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Professional Cost Estimator or Analyst (PCEA) Certification
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top