Supplier Relationship Manager
Provide enterprise-wide management of Strategic OCM Suppliers - establishment and maintenance and continuous improvement of partnerships including establishment and maintenance of contractual agreements, preparation for periodic business reviews with BAE Systems and Supplier leadership teams, escalation and resolution of business issues and regular reporting to extended procurement team.
Individual will act as the central management point for supplier activities across BAE Systems sites, working with business area teams to ensure that our strategies and operational improvement initiatives are effectively implemented.
- The overall management and coordination of a Supplier's performance and continuous improvement across all BAE Systems sites.
- Work in tandem with Supplier Development and Supplier to establish, implement and track Partnership Plans
- Primary participant in Corporate Commodity Negotiations
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with Electronic Commodity Team members, Procurement teams, internal customers and programs.
- Facilitate technical exchanges with local Engineering communities and strategic suppliers.
- Track and when required assist in the resolution of site level issues
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Contract Management Experience
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management practices and techniques. CPM, APICS or equivalent certification preferred.
- Effective negotiation skills with supplier's senior leadership
- Five years of experience in a leadership role in Supply Chain, Commodity or Procurement management with demonstrated results.
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of an organization
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering.
- Working knowledge of A&D/Government contracting a plus
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top