Supplier Quality Engineer - Mech/Fab Commodity Team
We are looking for an early career Supplier Quality Engineer to implement tools and processes to insure suppliers in the Mechanical Fabrication commodity are prepared and have robust plans to deliver first time quality to BAE Systems program customers and provide continuous improvement on current hardware. The person will work with the Supplier Quality Commodity Lead to investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to work with suppliers and experienced Supplier Quality Engineers to develop innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to insure suppliers understand requirements and expectations, make progress reports and present findings.
Expected Travel requirement: Approximately 50% plus. This will be a mix of local, day visits as well as overnight travel, outside the local area.
Additionally you will:
- Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve 100% quality performance
- Evaluate the impact of nonconforming product and assess suppliers' corrective actions
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non - conformances
- Perform Product Process Verifications (PPV's) of product at supplier locations and Lead SMART Assessments.
- Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE's expectations and requirements
- Drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 2 years of related industry experience.
- Must be able to attain a secret security clearance
- Have experience in machining and fabrication of metal parts
- Strong GD&T skills including experience with the review and approval of FAIRs based on AS9102 industry standard
- Working knowledge of AS9100 Quality Systems
- Familiarity of plating specifications and other Special Process application and validation (i.e. plating, paint, welding, heat treat)
- May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality methodologies and capable of utilizing quality tools to help drive continuous improvement.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top