Supplier Quality Engineer II
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to implement tools and processes to insure suppliers starting new work are prepared and have robust plans to deliver first time quality to BAE program customers. The person will also investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to insure suppliers understand requirements and expectations, make progress reports and present findings.
You will be reporting to the Supplier Quality Manager.
Additionally you will:
- Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve 100% quality performance
- Evaluate the impact of nonconforming product and assess suppliers' corrective actions
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances
- Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE's expectations
- Drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical field with a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Experience in a Defense Electronics Prime Contract environment
- Working knowledge of AS9100 Quality System
- Working knowledge of supply chain logistics from raw material to finished goods including experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system/Quality Management Software system
Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Working knowledge of PWB/CCA inspection/test, equipment and instrumentation (IPC-A-600 or IPC-A-610 certification desired)
- Experience with optical and/or microwave inspections, product test, equipment and instrumentation
- Working knowledge of and/or certification to NASA 8739.1, .2, .3 and/or J-STD-001 (with or without space addendum).Working knowledge of and/or certification to MIL-STD-883 Test Methods 2010, 2017, and 2032 Pre-Cap Internal Visual Inspection.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top