Supplier Quality Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to make progress reports and present findings.
Travel will be 50%
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Excellent Communication Skills Both Oral and Written
- Experience in AS9100 (or similar) based quality system
- Demonstrated Ability to Identify and Mitigate Risks
- Good Problem Solving Skills and Experience in Determining Root Cause and Corrective Action
- Knowledge and Use of Statistical Process Control
- Ability to Use Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive Attitude Working in a Team Environment
- Ability to productively contribute to projects to improve processes both internal and within the supply chain
- Proficiency in Oracle ERP Quality Mod
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Techniques such as: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Kanban, Supplier Managed Inventories, 6S, TPS, DFT.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top