Supplier Quality Engineer
We are looking for an early career, self motivated Supplier Quality Engineer that will easily integrate with our small and exciting team! BAE Systems offers a 9/80 work schedule with opportunities to flex some hours. You will work with many exciting programs, especially Space programs, to help ensure suppliers starting new work are prepared and have robust plans to deliver first time quality to BAE program customers by implementing quality tools and process. The person will also investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a self-starting problem solver who is adaptable to change, is able to take on unique challenges and will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues.
Strong communication skills are required to insure suppliers understand requirements and expectations, make progress reports and present findings.
You will be reporting to the Supplier Quality Manager.
Expected travel requirement: Approximately 10%. Short term travel may be required during training period.
The candidate will:
- Utilize supplier scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve 100% quality performance.
- Evaluate the impact of nonconforming product and assess suppliers' corrective actions.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non conformances.
- Perform Source Inspection of product at supplier locations.
- Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE's expectations.
- Drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical field with 2+ years of experience
- Experience in Failure Analysis, Root Cause Analysis and developing Corrective/ Preventative Actions
- Experience with AS9100 Quality System and AS9102B First Article Requirements or comparable auto, telecom or medical device industry standards
- Experience with electrical/mechanical inspections, product test, equipment and instrumentation
Experience in any of the following areas preferred:
- Experience in Defense Electronics Prime Contract environment is a plus
- Knowledge of and/or certification to NASA 8739.1, .2, .3 and/or J-STD-001 (with or without space addendum)
- Working knowledge of and/or certification to MIL-STD-883 Test Methods 2010, 2017, and 2032 Pre-Cap Internal Visual Inspection
- Experience with Special Processes, Product Production Line Validation, test, equipment, instrumentation and qualification
- Working knowledge of Cable/Harness inspection/test, equipment and instrumentation
- Experience with optical and/or microwave inspections, product test, equipment and instrumentation
- Working knowledge and experience with Environmental Stress Screening (ESS)
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools (e.g. Green / Black Belt)
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top