Supplier Quality Engineer
How the Supplier Quality Engineer contributes:
- Evaluates suppliers’ operations and products for compliance with company quality standards
- S/he makes suggestions to management regarding supplier selection and compiles data for documentation of supplier performance
- This person is responsible for the inspection or test procedures and may prepare reports for presentation to management
- S/he also evaluates the impact of nonconforming parts and assesses suppliers’ corrective actions
- Perform QMS audits at our suppliers to verify quality and manufacturing systems are in place to support requirements
- Use Supplier Scorecards and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of the individual suppliers and use this information to prioritize suppliers in need of development, improvement, or larger business share
- As required, perform on site review and verification of corrective actions, preventive actions and continuous improvement activities for product which do not meet standards for quality or delivery
- Effectively utilize the issuance of CARS and SCARs to drive quality improvements while providing regular scheduled reports on their progress and final resolution
- Prepares data on Supplier status and issues for meetings
- Participates in multifunctional teams to resolve supplier issues and failures
- Performs other duties as assigned Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline and 2+ years in Quality Engineering or Supplier Quality Engineering.
Other Bachelor’s degree acceptable if Quality Engineering experience is greater than 5 years.
Willing to work at all levels of the organization.
Have ability communicate effectively with other functions about quality issues and initiatives.
Excellent problem solving skills.
Experience reading and interpreting schematics of components and assemblies (GD&T).
Experience performing QMS audits. Preferred Skills and Education Supplier quality experience in a defense manufacturing environment.
Experience with ISO9000.
Experience with AS9100.
Experience with an MRP (Oracle).
Experience with quality software (ie: TipQA).
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Our Electronic Systems sector, headquartered in Nashua, N.H., has operations spanning commercial and defense electronics markets and offers a broad portfolio of mission critical electronic systems from flight and engine controls to electronic warfare and night vision systems, surveillance and reconnaissance sensors, secure networked communications equipment, and power and energy management systems. People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top