Supplier Partnerships Director
Manage staff of subcontracts, procurement, planning and material logistics professionals insuring that CEMA Business Area supply chain needs are effectively and efficiently met or exceeded. Provide leadership and strategic guidance to the department staff. Primary point of contact for the CEMA Business Area management to resolve Supply Chain issues and allocate resources. Represent the Supplier Partnerships in meetings with suppliers, program management and senior executive staff. Interact with customers to ensure that all requirements are being met. Make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
Actively participate in pre and post proposal efforts, for major contracts with numerous government agencies and other Prime Contractors. Manage the allocation of resources to ensure best possible supplier discounts and submission of cost, on time, for pricing proposals. Actively participate in supplier negotiations and establishment of agreements including, reseller, software licensing/maintenance/evaluation, consulting services, contract labor, subcontracts, NDA's and teaming. Negotiate legal terms and conditions, pricing and other considerations for major procurements.
Leverages the value of the supply base through an innovative and collaborative approach with suppliers that minimizes costs and maximizes value to our customers
Works closely with the project team to encourage and influence innovation from the supply base
Champions the Supply Chain function, acting as a sponsor/coach to others within the function and enhancing the reputation of Supply Chain with other functions
Leads and influences the identification of risks and opportunities for complex proposals and Supply Chain matters and is fully responsible for their management
Leads and influences the implementation of new business methods, processes and Supply Chain concepts to optimize the company and customer position.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's degree and 12 years of direct experience in Procurement/Supply chain and additional director experience
Required Skills and Education
- Strong organizational planning skills
- Knowledge in production planning and scheduling tools and techniques and resource planning systems
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Knowledge of Department of Defense packaging requirements, Department of Transportation hazardous material regulations, and defense industry export requirements and other applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Ability to develop and implement processes and systems within budget and schedule requirements
- Advanced Degree in Supply Chain, MBA or Technical field
- Experience managing a Procurement, Material Planning and stockrooms in a military manufacturing environment
- Experience in leading kaizen events, and lean projects
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top