Supplier Development / Sourcing Engineer
The Supplier Development / Sourcing Engineer is responsible for developing supply chain / commodity strategies targeted to improve supplier performance to achieve business and operational objectives and managing supplier relationship to ensure on time delivery of products that meet BAE System's expectation for quality, delivery and cost.
- Will develop / support / execute sourcing strategies based on existing and forecasted spend, demand and supply challenges, and marketplace conditions, ensuring alignment with the Business Area objectives. This activity will also be done in concert with Sector level commodity and supplier engagement initiatives and as a participating member of the Sector level Commodity team
- Will lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams to ensure that BAE is leveraging spend, driving best value and improving overall supplier performance management to achieve established Achieving Operational Excellence & Zero Defect goals.
- Be a primary point of contact to facilitate engagement with our with our Engineering to support new Product design, IRAD and technical refresh activities to enhance collaboration early in the design process, increase design for manufacturability, support technical roadmaps and the formulate sourcing strategies to support the product through itself full life cycle.
- Collaborate and support Business Area teams on assigned commodities across all aspects of supplier management on mechanical fabricated & custom designed components and assemblies, as required.
- Execute responsibilities following established and approved procurement policies and procedures in order to provide the lowest cost consistent with quality and service requirements while maintaining good supplier relations. Responsible for Procurement Compliance, Cost/Price Analysis and adherence to the Small Business Program guidelines.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field from an accredited university
- Technical capabilities including knowledge of 2D blueprints and model drawings
- Knowledge of lean concepts
- Disciplined approach to problem solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and report writing
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Awareness of quality management systems standards (AS9100 and ISO 9001)
- Awareness of knowledge of production / manufacturing improvement processes i.e. PPAP, APQP...
- Awareness of manufacturing processes related to machined components/structures, or machining processes, printed wiring boards, cables and similar technologies
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top