Supplier Development Engineer - PWB/Substrates
• Perform onsite assessments of supplier capabilities looking into their process controls, technical ability and lean maturity
• Develop and propose new tools and procedures to support the development of preferred supply partners
• Recommend supplier-specific improvement opportunities and lean techniques that can be implemented to improve supplier performance in cost, quality, and lead time
• Support the development of supplier improvement plans; provide guidance, expertise, and the necessary tools to support the execution of the plan
• Support the Commodity Team Lead in driving, tracking, and communicating supplier improvement progress against established goals
• Assess the effectiveness of the implemented lean improvements; follow up with the supplier to identify new areas for continuous improvement
• Identify areas for Cost Take Out (CTO) at the supplier site and work with the supplier to achieve; support the Commodity Team Lead to develop a means for tracking and measuring the cost savings
• Serve as the "supply chain liaison" to the supplier; link the required TAKT and material requirements needs back to the supplier (problem information, TAKT rate, other needs, etc) and help the supplier achieve the requirements to meet ASCP requirements
• Support the Commodity Team as required
Engage with the design engineering community on new products being introduced and selecting the appropriate preferred PWB /Substrate suppliers to participate in product development from design to manufacturing
Monitor quality/delivery ratings on a monthly basis to identify systematic issues/concerns that may lead to late deliveries.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Position is based in Nashua, NH (NHQ)
• Minimum of 10 years work experience working within Printed Wire Board (PWB) / Substrate and/or electronic sub-assembly commodities.
• Six Sigma or Lean experience is a plus.
Knowledge of IPC-600/610/6012/6013
• Ability to plan and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, formulate action plans for and execute those plans to drive initiatives through to completion.
• Creativity and ability to think outside of the box
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong fabrication knowledge in the areas of PWB design and manufacturing processes .
• Knowledge or experience in a role that required expertise in change management, process re-designs or re-engineering projects and methodologies
• Knowledge with lean manufacturing techniques such as; value stream mapping, kaizen, Kanban, supplier managed inventories, point of use, milk runs, 5S, TPS, DFT, takt and cycle times, single piece manufacturing flow and six sigma
• Proven teamwork and leadership skills; able to work across "boundaries" including across multiple functions, program teams, suppliers
• Materials & scheduling knowledge a plus
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Computer proficiency
• Must be willing to travel with periods greater than 50%
Preferred Skills and Education
Experience in the fabrication of PWB's and Substrates
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top