Supplier Development Engineer
BAE SYSTEMS - SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
The Supplier Development Engineer is responsible for developing and managing supplier relationships to ensure on time delivery of products that meet BAE System's expectation for quality, delivery and cost.
Supplier Development EngineeR
- Improve quality, delivery & cost performance of suppliers through well thought out fact based improvement plans. Manage supplier improvement plans
- Conducting workshops (Kaizen events) at supplier locations, providing technical assistance or other support as required
• Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing strong partnerships with suppliers.
• Lead suppliers through the corrective action process when supplier rejects are issued.
- Function as liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve supplier performance issues and to provide technical support
- Analyze supplier quality & delivery metrics to identify trends and pinpoint systemic performance gaps and root causes
- Collaborate with teams, lead projects, and continuously drive improvement in the supply base
- Collaborate with procurement team to strategically source parts matched with supplier competencies
- Implement and monitor production part approval process with selected suppliers
- Assure supplier understanding of product and submission requirements
- Develop and approve process controls to control critical characteristics
- Recommend technical product improvements to reduce risk and potential defect opportunities
- Support for the preparation and maintenance of inspection plans
- Review and assess supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems. Provide feedback as appropriate on manufacturing methods and technologies. Demonstrate innovation, technical excellence, attention to detail, self-direction, & courage
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Experience with manufacturing and inspection of raw materials, machined parts, fabricated components, electrical assemblies, Printed Wiring Boards and other electo-mechanical components
• Experience with quality management systems standards (AS9100 and ISO 9001)
• Demonstrated knowledge of production / manufacturing improvement processes i.e. PPAP, APQP...
• Technical capabilities including knowledge of 2D blueprints and model drawings
• Disciplined approach to problem solving
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and report writing
• Knowledge of lean concepts
• Experience with sharing information and influencing others (strong written and verbal communication skills, able to liaise cross functionally, internally and externally, make presentations to team members and management)
• Knowledge of statistical techniques and methods (like design of experiments, Six Sigma, etc.)
• Experience with MRP or ERP systems
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top