Supervisor Maintenance Mobile Equipment Garage 1st Shift
Working under the general direction of the Facility Manager; the Maintenance Garage Supervisor will provide leadership to bargaining unit employees consisting of skilled trades groups, mechanics and general labor that provide facility and maintenance support to heavy manufacturing, in the form of mobile equipment repair and maintenance of the building and grounds.
The individual is required to understand the job responsibilities required to manage and repair the mobile equipment for a large industrial site, including snow removal and grounds equipment, fork trucks, motorized carts and lifts.
The individual is required to understand the job responsibilities of the different maintenance classifications including skilled trade's classifications.
Must possess ability to provide guidance to skilled trades, coordinate and managed skilled trade's work force.
Responsible for driving business with focus on value adding activities and cost.
Including truck repair, maintenance and heavy equipment repair and maintenance
Manage and lead personnel and contracted services to provide facility and maintenance support with a focus on delivery and customer satisfaction. Including leasing and maintaining inspection records.
Individual must be conversant on prints and technical documentation to trouble shoot, repair, assemble, install heavy equipment required to maintain a large site.
Additionally this position will act as a primary for winter weather and severe weather occurrences. This will include snow removal and weather related recovery plans
- Champions safety and safety culture
- Assigns and supervises daily work schedules, maintain records and approve employee time.
- Interviewing, hiring, assigning, checking and directing work.
- Rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Establish standards or performance, interpret policy and carry out established policy.
- Meet 100% compliance on equipment PMs
- Focus on continuous improvement and resource utilization
- Manage leases and services related to garage activities.
- Manage Crib Master Inventory systems and order materials.
- Working through purchasing and procurement to ensure services and materials are sufficient to work load.
- Back up for link 360 LOTO program
- Budgetary responsibility, must be accountable for cost and purchase orders for leased equipment.
- Responsible for employee development and discipline
- The individual is required to understand the job responsibilities Perform and participate in root cause activities as required.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing a high degree of ingenuity and consistency
- Responsible for meeting business metrics and driving improved performance
- Manages workload and forecast through CMMS
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required education: High school/ GED plus 5 years of Supervisory Experience for industrial vehicles and manufacturing
Experience managing a heavy equipment shop
Candidate should posses ability read schematics ,assembly prints, technical manuals, MSDS and interpret work instructions.
Experience in fostering and maintaining a safe working environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
Prefer Bachelors degree or education in technologies.
Knowledge of one or more skilled trades ; including heavy equipment mechanic, heavy equipment operator, fork-truck mechanic, garage management.
Ability to work with CMMS system.
Desired candidate will be a proactive leader with a focus on safety, customer service and continuous improvement.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top