Summer Intern BAE Systems Sponsored Program Participant (High School Class of 2019)
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us .
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
The Electronic Systems' Hardware Engineering Department is seeking candidates for 2019 technical summer internships for BAE Systems sponsored program participants. At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Opportunities exist supporting a variety of efforts in engineering development, integration, test and transition to production efforts on complex electronic and mechanical systems.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
• Gain knowledge about engineering development and the manufacturing lifecycle under the mentorship of hardware engineers.
• Provide technical support to the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental engineering principles, theories and techniques.
• Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required. Document results for review by senior engineering personnel.
• Support assemblers, technicians and inspectors for manufacturing issues on new and existing products.
• Assist in the development or improvement of test fixtures, tooling, manufacturing processes and other procedures for new and existing product builds to reduce defects and improve yields.
• Participate in and document corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education
• Current or prior participant in the FIRST Robotics, WIT, or FOCUS programs.
• Planning to pursue a BS Degree in Engineering or related STEM field starting Fall 2019, having completed high school (Class of 2019) by Summer 2019.
• GPA 3.0 or higher.
• Eligible to obtain a DOD Security Clearance.
Preferred Skills and Education
• Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
• Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner.
• Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top