Summer 2020 Software Engineer Tech Intern 3 (Rancho Bernardo)
As a Software Engineer Technical Intern 3, you will work on a team of software engineers supporting BAE System driven programs in order to increase the capabilities and productivity of our very important customers. The support that you bring to your team will help contribute to the overall success of our various government run partners. Your contributions can play a pivotal role in ensuring that our partners missions run smoothly and soundly. As a team member, your daily tasks may include new development, fixing critical problems, providing stability to program related systems, provide utility programs to increase productivity of other team members, and much more.
At BAE Systems, we work with the start of the art technologies that will expand your realm of knowledge in the Software Engineering industry. You may have the opportunity to work with new client based frameworks like REACT / AngularJS, work with new architectures like AWS and Azure, new server side frameworks like GRADLE, SPRING Framework, etc. We have programs that work with SQL based databases such as Oracle as well as NOSQL based databases such as MongoDB, Allegrograph, Mark Logic, Redis, DynamoDB, and much more.
Our goal is to provide incoming interns with the most opportunity to grow past the academic realm of knowledge into the vast world of Software Engineering while also being able to provide meaningful contributions that makes a difference for our country and the world. We provide a very open, helpful environment that promotes growth, learning, and collaboration in order to obtain the best software engineers in the industry. In the past, our interns have praised the work that they have done, the program as a whole and the majority of them have continued on as full time employees after graduating.
If you want a challenging, rewarding experience, with a great open culture, and an opportunity to make a difference for our country and the world, please consider joining our highly praised internship program for Summer 2020!
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Skills and Education
- Must be a Junior transitioning into a Senior during Summer 2020.
- Must have a major in one of the following programs:
- Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Other Coding related degree
- Must have a 3.0 GPA
- Must have knowledge of Data Structures and Object Oriented Programing
- Must have a drive to learn and a passion for providing excellent products
- Proficient in one of the following languages:
- Knowledge of AGILE based development
- One or More of the following criterias
- Front End: Angular / HTML 5.0 / CSS 3.0 / React / JS / WebSockets / WebGL / Canvas / SASS / and more
- Back End: SPRING Framework / Gradle / Maven / KAFKA / Bash / NodeJS / and more
- Infrastructure: AWS / Azure / Gitlab / Jenkins / Git / and more
- Database: Oracle / MongoDB / REDIS / DynamoDB / Allegrograph / and more
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top