Subject Matter Expert-IDS & Fire Alarm Systems
This position is for a Subject Matter Expert whom will be supporting integration of security and emergency alarms, Computer Automated Dispatch (CAD), Access Control Systems (ACS) and other Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) reporting to Local Dispatch Centers (LDCs) and Regional Dispatch Centers (RDCs). The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years' experience in the integration, configuration, installation, test and training on IDS and ACS systems, as well as working knowledge/experience with third party integration software, Local Alarm Monitoring Automation System (LAMAS) and Regional Alarm Monitoring Automation System (RAMAS) at the administrator and user level.
Primary Responsibilities: The successful candidate responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Conduct site surveys, coordinate with customers to define requirements, and develop detailed site survey reports
- Research and evaluate alternate solutions
- Support system design and documentation development
- Interact with third party vendors in order to configure, integrate and test the various alarm system interfaces to ensure compatibility and interoperability within the consolidated system architecture.
- Install/integrate/configure system servers, workstations and software
- Lead on-site personnel in system installation, integration/configuration, testing, and troubleshooting efforts.
- Provide formal and informal training as required.
- Test, document, and address system anomalies
- Provide technical assistance, training, and system documentation for end users as required.
- Interface with and maintain a positive working relationship with the Project Manager, Program Manager, and senior personnel
- Participate in peer reviews of drawings and other engineering documentation
- Identify technical risks and recommends mitigation to the Project Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager or senior personnel
- Execute all assigned responsibilities in conformance with Federal, state and local Government regulations, consistent with company standards of ethics, quality, and safety, and aligned with the operational framework
- Utilize equipment which requires interpretation including, but not limited to, computer aided tools, volt meter, multi-meter, circuit tester and logic analyzer to troubleshoot, debug and perform routine measurements on electronic assemblies, subsystems and/or systems.
- Use standard test equipment and follows prescribed test procedures to perform circuit continuity and current and voltage checks. Tests for proper equipment operations and repairs or replaces defective parts and components as required.
- May service, repair or calibrate simple to complex electronic equipment.
- May work extended hours or weekends. May travel to remote sites.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Five (5) years of hands-on experience with Systems Engineering projects, to include three of the following four areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training.
- Experience with system connectivity/interfaces, telephony (microwaves, wires, fibers), wireless systems, and switches and routers.
- Experience with Installation of alarm and event server and data conduit applications
- Experience with Government and commercial drawings standards and practices.
- Working knowledge of Physical Security Equipment Systems and the National Electrical Code
- Ability to direct a crew of 2-5 electronics technicians during installation and/or maintenance
- Associates Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology, Computer Science Technology or Information Systems Technology from an accredited College or University
- Five (5) years hands-on experience with installation/maintenance of Electronic Security Systems (ESS), with current certifications in at least 2 of the following: Lenel, Honeywell Vindicator, AMAG and Tyco Software House CCure 9000).
- Working knowledge of CCTV systems installation and maintenance
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top