Subject Matter Expert II
The position will support design, as well as lead or support installation, integration, and maintenance of Electronic Security Systems (ESS) and Local Area Network equipment. This includes Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems (ACS/IDS), as well as CCTV, Perimeter Intrusion.
Position will involve the following tasking:
1. Works from specific drawings, sketches, schematics and explicit verbal instructions to compile parts lists, generate engineering schematics and construct electrical engineering breadboards and prototype models.
2. Utilizes equipment which requires interpretation including, but not limited to, computer aided tools, volt meter, multimeter, circuit tester and logic analyzer to troubleshoot, debug and perform routine measurements on electronic assemblies, subsystems and/or systems.
3. Uses standard test equipment and follows prescribed test procedures to perform circuit continuity and current and voltage checks. Tests for proper equipment operations and repairs or replaces defective parts and components as required.
4. Extracts technical data from various prescribed sources and prepares such data as required.
5. May service, repair or calibrate simple to complex electronic equipment.
6. Exerts frequent physical energy. Climbs ladders. Lifts and carries heavy objects. Occasionally exposed to disagreeable conditions. May work extended hours or weekends. May travel to remote sites..
This position will require considerable travel within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS). Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Ten (10) years of hands-on experience with Systems Engineering projects, to include three of the following four areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training.
- Experience with electronic security systems design, installation, documentation and system operational and verification tests
- Local Area/Wide Area Network design and configuration.
- Repair, maintenance, configuration control and management, and documentation.
- Experience with Government or commercial drawings standards and practices.
- Working knowledge of all genres of Physical Security Equipment Systems and the National Electrical Code.
- Ability to direct a crew of 2-5 electronics technicians during installation and/or maintenance
- Lenel (ACS/IDS) certified and able to program and troubleshoot the system
- Working knowledge of CCTV systems (Pelco and/or Bosch) Preferred Skills and Education Associates Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology, Computer Science Technology or Information Systems Technology from an accredited College or University
Ten to twelve years of hands-on experience with Electronic security Systems (ESS), with current certification in at least 2 of the following ACS/IDS systems: Lenel, Vindicator, AMAG, and Software House CCure 9000); and 1 of the following CCTV systems: Pelco and Bosch
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top