Subcontracts Program Manager
- Nashua, NH
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking a Subcontract Program Manager to support electronics development for the Space Systems product line. Known as an industry leader for its suite of radiation hardened electronics products, BAE Systems space products can be found on almost all commercial, civil and national security space missions for the past 20 years; most notably the computers on all of the Mars rovers.
The individual selected for this position will be an experienced top-secret cleared Subcontract Program Manager. This position will lead a Major Subcontracts Integrated Product Team (IPT) responsible for all major subcontracts content under the direction of the Program Manager. This opportunity is in support of a dynamic and growing business and includes significant product development content and major subcontractors that are integral to the success of the program. The ideal candidate will have experience leading major development subcontracts throughout the product lifecycle; from establishing material strategies to employing best practice subcontract management practices from development through successful transition to production. Major subcontractors are integral to the success of the program so the selected candidate will be a key member of the program leadership team.
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to routinely travel approximately 25% of the time, with occasional needs up to 50%.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on relationship building, leading through influence, and the ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) at all levels
- Ability to develop plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources
- Ability to communicate with senior management regarding subcontract performance status (cost / schedule / resources / risk) as well as performance to financial objectives
- Experience communicating externally either with customers or suppliers
- Technical and business acumen
- Experience leading cross-functional teams Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Demonstrated Risk Management experience
- Knowledge of acquisition policies and procedures with associated knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR)
- Significant experience managing the development and compliance of requirements (SOWs, specifications, contractual terms, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills to handle many overlapping projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated negotiations experience in a Truth in Negotiations (TINA) environment
- Demonstrated experience successfully engaging supplier executives
- All Applicants must have an Active DOD Top Secret Security Clearance at time of application submission
- Experience in new business capture including proposals
- Experience with scope management and cost estimating, including estimate to complete/estimate at completion (ETC/EAC) processes.
- Control Account Management (CAM) experience (at minimum, CAM trained)
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Operations
- Master's Degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Prior experience as a program manager
- Program Management Institute's (PMI)
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top